Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cartoon farm animals. In chocolate.

Last weekend I made some cupcakes and cookies for a baby shower with a farm animal theme.  Since fondant is generally pretty but not so tasty we decided to use chocolate decorations on the cupcakes to match the theme.


I usually find a few images online to print out and use as a guide underneath my chocolate piping, but those weren't helpful for this project.  After trying that a little bit I decided to just freehand the little guys and then things started to go much better.  These are really pretty easy to make; just keep trying over and over until you get the shape you like and make triple what you think you will use so you can pick the best of the group.  (This post has the information about how I make chocolate images.)


The cow took me a while - I had to do that outline like 30 times before I was happy with it.  The nice thing is that I can throw the rejects into a pile and reheat them to use again.  And the process is fun for me...it can take a while but I like doing it.


Once the chocolate had set, I made little 3D embellishments and added googly eyes.  I was really happy with the way they turned out:



How could you not love this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment