Friday, September 6, 2013

A hallmark stamp

I love tattoos.  I think they can be such a cool expression of individuality.  But as fascinated as I am with them, I don't have any and probably will never get one.  When I've thought about it I can't seem to let go of what happens if I get a tattoo and then in a few years wish I hadn't picked that particular image.  I haven't been able come up with anything that I absolutely know I would want inked on my skin for the rest of my life (aside from the really cliche display of my kids' names somehow...and can't I just wear a necklace with that information?).  Also, I worked in nursing homes for years taking care of men who had tattoos and I can't help but flash forward 40 years and wonder how the ink will look then.

So it hasn't been a surprise to me that when I've looked into getting a hallmark stamp for my work I've tripped over the design every time. I wanted something discreet but that could still be identified as mine. I finally decided it was time to just do it already and the best way to go was to use my initials.

I ordered it online from Infinity stamps.  The process was surprisingly simple and it took a couple of weeks to arrive - it's just what I thought it would be.


Here's the first sample on a piece of scrap copper.  It still needs some clean up to get the buffing compound out and make the lines more crisp, but I think I like it.  I'm excited to start using it!


No comments:

Post a Comment