Friday, August 20, 2010

Whoppers and cupcakes

I was at the grocery store for a mid-week stop to grab a few essentials and saw a giant display of candy boxes on sale. 

 
As soon as I saw the Whoppers, I remembered a recipe for chocolate malt cupcakes and decided it was time to give that another run. 

I made chocolate cupcakes last night using the soda cake method.  When I make cupcakes mid-week, I always bake them in the evening and frost them the next morning.  It's easier for me to avoid sampling the frosting that way--early in the day I always have such good intentions--and it only takes about 15 minutes of my morning to put together.

This morning I made the chocolate malt frosting with this recipe:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chocolate malt powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon milk

I added the frosting and finished them up with the Whoppers candy and some chocolate sprinkles:



No comments:

Post a Comment