Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Planning a Halloween cake

Ben's birthday is coming up and as usual we are planning a Halloween themed party.  I asked him what he wanted his birthday cake to look like and we went through the blog posts of the cakes we've already done to see what options were left.

The last couple of years I've made Ben two cakes in October - one for his birthday celebration at home and one for his birthday party with friends. This is working against me in the idea department since I was using up twice as many designs...maybe we can rework an earlier version.

Last year he had a  Dracula cake for the celebration at home to match his costume


 and a graveyard cake for his birthday party with friends.


The year before that I made him two cakes that are by far my favorites of all time.  The pumpkin cake for his family celebration


and the Monster House cake.


The year before that we had little trick or treating ghost cake with an edible chocolate trick or treat bag and glowing sugar eyes - fun to make, but it didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped.


And the first year I was blogging was the year we had his haunted house cake


Even though I did fairly involved cakes for earlier birthdays - Frankenstein, Spongebob Squarepants - I think it would take time to find pictures of them.  One of the benefits of blogging is that I have a whole catalog of things I've made for the past several years all in one place.

So we have a couple of weeks to come up with another Halloween-y cake idea.  Maybe two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment