Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nothing.

That's what it probably appears I have been doing.  That isn't entirely true....but my attention has been focused on family life and I haven't gotten any pictures loaded to post until now.

I've been playing around with the rolling mill to get different textures on silver, brass and copper--I love that thing!  (Is it wrong that I consider it a cardio session when I run the metal through the rollers about 20 times?  I mean, I break a sweat and my arms are usually sore the next day...I say it counts.)  I'll post some of those pictures in the next week or so.

But first, I can't go through a holiday with no caking.

I found these Conversation Hearts Kits at Micheals, but wish I had picked up more than two of them.  I haven't seen them since then, and I have looked online, at Micheals, Hobby Lobby, WalMart...no luck.  They have giant blank sweetheart candy hearts and a food marker inside, and I was a bit skeptical because there are two kinds of food writers, as far as I can tell.  The kind you can get in the baking aisle of the grocery store and the kind you can get in more specialized stores.  The grocery store food writers are terrible. Some of the others work well.  My point is that it's a crapshoot when it comes to these things and it would make the whole kit sort of ridiculous if the markers were no good.


The markers were A-W-E-S-O-M-E.  Ben and I colored an entire kit to try them out and had a fabulous time.





 
We sent the other kit to Ben's after school group with cupcakes so they could make their own personalized treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment