Monday, September 12, 2016

Thinking about Halloween

Last weekend I had some time to just play around at the workbench.  Early in the day, the weather feels like fall and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a few Halloween inspired things.  These are all still in need of a final polish/clean up but I like how they've started out!




I started with a sugar(ish) skull and sacred heart pendants.



'Tis the season for scary movies so I googled "horror movie weapons" from my phone.  The first image result was a cartoon drawing of a chainsaw, a butcher knife, a machete, and various other weapons.  I started these two horror movie charms....I have no idea what I'll do with them but I kind of love them. 


I finally reprogrammed my kiln controller and made a couple of test beads.  I haven't touched glass in a very long time and I know that the learning curve is always steep to get started again. These little guys are far from perfect but actually turned out better than I thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment