Sunday, February 16, 2014

Copper grids

I've been experimenting with the rolling mill using a metal mesh with copper - I love the grid pattern.


I cut it to shape, gave it a heat patina and tried out my bracelet former on the hydraulic press.  I know this is the whole idea, but I'm always surprised at how well the texture "keeps" on the pieces when I use the press.  Maybe I just have to get used to it.




One of the resulting copper cuffs:



I need to take better pictures of this but with all of the snow I can't get to my favorite outside spot on the deck...maybe another time.

I had some leftover copper for earrings - I'm a fan of the contrast between the copper and the sterling accents.



I've listed the earrings in my Etsy shop; the cuff will come later since I need some better pictures.  I'm hoping all the snow will melt this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment