Thursday, August 23, 2012

Copper and cake

Last weekend was a little bit odd.  I fluctuated between the cake and jewelry work to get a cake delivered for a birthday and also finish up a few copper pieces.

I ran some copper through the rolling mill with steel wire for a pair of earrings and I like the randomness of the pattern on them.  




This cuff started out as a fold forming project but I decided to keep going and form it over a stake. It was a lot of heating and hammering (and heating and hammering) and I'm really happy with it.  I love all of the little crevices all over it.



The cake was sort of a quick put together because I didn't have much notice or time to fit it in.  My general feeling about it is that it's just ok...the scale is a bit off and I had planned to do more with the basketball.  But  the time came to get it out the door and the birthday boy was happy and that's all that matters.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment