Sunday, February 12, 2012

Side trip: valentine crayons

This technique is not new; Ben and I have been talking about trying it out to make his crayon odds and ends useful for a long time.  But I kept explaining to him that if we used a pan for making the crayons, we couldn't use it ever again for food products.  This conversation took place no less than seven times.  I've read about using cupcake tins with liners and that might be ok, but I just didn't want to run the risk of getting any of the crayon wax on my bakeware. 


On our last trip to Target we stopped in the $1 section and saw some heart shaped silicon ice trays and I knew it was our chance.

We finally got out that bin of crayons and unwrapped them all, then tossed them into the trays. 



We baked them in a 200 degree oven for about 15 minutes (maybe it was longer...I didn't really time it, just kept checking on them until they were melted) then let them cool and popped them out. 



We packaged them up in individual bags and I cut decorative edging on cardstock for Ben to use for the header tags.  He stamped each one and stapled them onto the individual bags to take to school next week.  Valentines: done.



No comments:

Post a Comment