Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rolling mill, take one.

I've been playing around to get a feel for the textures I can get on metal with the rolling mill, and I finally put some of the pieces together to create a finished pair of earrings. 

The little discs were rolled with steel wool (I love the texture, but the mess was almost not worth it...almost) and the larger discs were rolled with a paper towel. I cleaned and polished the pieces, then them with a hard boiled egg.  I'm happy with the result--hopefully I will get more of the rolling mill pieces finished this week while we are on Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment