Well, I failed.
With winter blasting away outside last weekend, I decided to make cookies just to experiment. I tried to make Spongebob cookies, and although they seem to have all of the individual elements to that wonderful little guy, something is missing. And...horribly WRONG.
I think this one comes the closest, but still doesn't really get there:
Spongebob didn't go quite as hoped, but I did like how these turned out:
Wouldn't it be kind of fun to get thank you cookies in the mail rather than a card?
I have another batch of sugar cookie dough--a different recipe--in the fridge, cooling it's heels until later, when I give things another shot. Gage had the nerve to ask me why I was making so many sugar cookies lately. In case you are wondering the same thing, here is the ugly truth: I can't get them just right, and I will not stand for that. The recipe is off a little bit, like there is maybe too much flour involved. So I keep trying, altering as I go, to see if I can tweak it just the right way and get the results I envision. I need dough that is sweet and buttery, but will not spread out when I bake it and can be rolled and cut into shapes.
So until I conquer this, sugar cookies for everyone!