Monday, January 18, 2010

Cupcake tower

I have been wanting to do a cupcake tower forever, trying to talk people into it when they ask about cake. Finally, I got to try out the setup.

I forgot to bring the camera to take pictures of this, so the pictures I took with my phone are all I have for this post. This was for a very small wedding reception--red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Nothing over the top, just white on white for decorations. I kept it simple (I wasn't sure how well I would be able to pull that off) and just put a few roses on the little six inch cake that went on top of the tower. The order was for 24 cupcakes, so that is what I did...but I think I might either make more cupcakes next time or remove a tier to make it look a little bit fuller. Overall, I liked it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment