Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fold formed copper with a heat patina

I have spent several hours fold forming copper over the past couple of weekends.  Generally I toss the copper pieces in the pickle solution like I would with sterling when I'm done working on them with the torch, but this time I skipped that step to try to keep some of the flame coloring in the metal. I love the outcome; there are hints of orange that look more red in certain lighting.

I ended up with a giant fold formed cuff bracelet and four pairs of earrings (two of those sets look very similar...maybe I need to keep one?).


I'm a big fan of fold forming, especially in copper.  Each piece turns out a little bit different and it adds interest and texture.  And the addition of sterling rivets?  Amazing.








2 comments:

  1. Such cool pieces. I especially love the leaves. Now I want to try it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should give it a try - the results are always fun.

      Delete