Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chocolate Jayhawk cake

I have to admit that this cake was put together fairly last-minute. Lowell asked if I would make a cake for a co-worker's birthday, so this was more laid back than most of the cakes I have been doing lately. Since the birthday was so close in proximity to the delivery of the fishing cake, I sort of forgot about it and didn't really think about what I would do for this cake until I was making it.

I had some almond bark on hand, so I melted and colored that to make a chocolate Jayhawk for the top of the cake (pretty much the only information I had about the birthday girl was that she is taking classes at KU). I piped the chocolate onto a backwards image then flipped it over to transfer to the cake after it set up. The cake is a white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment