Sunday, October 28, 2012

Graveyard cake

Ben helped me design the cake for his birthday party - he wanted a graveyard cake to go along with his Halloween-themed party favors. He picked a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and approved all of the individual elements as I was decorating. 



I considered making some of the elements out of fondant, but decided against it since the cake was for a group of eight year old boys.  So all of the decorations are chocolate.  I piped the chocolate fence, skulls and crossbones, and the tombstones and used chocolate rocks for the pathway.  We added some LED lights behind the tombstones to give some illumination - they looked great in the lower light of the party.  I love those things - I used them in Ben's ghost cake and his Monster House cake and when everything is over, I just clean them up and turn them off to use again another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment